SALEWA Mountain Trainer GTX
- The durable construction, cushioned support, and waterproof protection of the Salewa™ Mountain Trainer GTX hiking shoe keeps you performing at your best on the trail.
- 1.8 mm nubuck leather, 1.6 mm suede leather, and water-resistant fabric upper featuring a protective 360° climbing rubber rand.
- Waterproof GORE-TEX® Extended Comfort lining offers a comfortable feel, better breathability, and keeps out the wet elements.
- Features the 3F SYSTEM design for superior flexibility, ankle support, and precision in fit.
- Climbing lacing system provides a more accurate lacing in the toe area, which gives more support and allows for better performance.
- Customizable MMF Multi-Fit Footbed is a three-dimensional body defined by length, width, and height, allowing even adjustability for an individual fit.
- Durable Vibram® Alpine Approach outsole provides incredible stability and grip on various terrain.
- Weight: 1 lb 5 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 12, width M. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
This product currently has 3 reviews
Customer Fit Survey:
Customers surveying this product said…
- 67%"Felt true to size"
- 67%"Felt wider than marked"
- 67%"Moderate arch support"
What our Customers are Saying
Anonymous on April 4, 2016
I agree with other reviews that this shoe accommodates more volume than other shoes marked as "medium" width. I have had a difficult time finding shoes that accommodate my high-volume, "Fred Flintstone" type feet and these were the glass slipper that I needed after suffering through treks with other popular hiking shoes. Never got a single blister and, because the laces are threaded all the way down to the toes, this shoe is able to be more customized to a fit than other brands you can find. Some people think they have wider feet than normal, but I don't think they have the volume like a Fred Flintstone foot. Thus, I can't recommend this shoe enough to people in this predicament. I found sizing up 1/2 size to accommodate swelling is sufficient and will still leave plenty of comfortable space. As far as durability, I think these are about middle of the range in terms of the number of miles one can put on a hiker. Quite frankly I don't really care because they fit so well I'm not going go back to another brand anyway.
Eric D on July 20, 2015
Shoe was very comfortable in the heel, tongue and sole; however I did find that the shoe was wider in the toe box than my foot could fill, and I generally have a wide foot that wears out the toe-sides of shoes. Given that the shoe is leather, I knew it would break in and stretch and start to feel a bit wider, which might affect my stability on the mountain. Mostly my comment is that I wish I had a wider foot because these shoes seem incredibly durable and well supported, especially in the heel cup. No rocking on the heel. Great stability. Green laces and sole area are a bit bright, almost neon glowing. Least attractive part of the shoe.
Kesher from Seattle on April 10, 2015
PROS: Solid shoe with great materials. Rugged outsole. Toe-to-tongue laces for custom fit. Waterproof. CONS: Slightly loose fit overall forces you to crank down laces and also allows heel to move slightly while walking. Heavy shoe due to dense midsole and outsole. Green laces look tacky in person.