Newton Running Kismet II
- Predecessor: Kismet.
- Support Type: Overpronation/Stability.
- Cushioning: Lightweight, flexible response.
- Surface: Road.
- Differential: 4.5 mm.
- Adjusting to Newton running shoes will depend upon several factors including: your current running shoes, your running form, gait efficiency, as well as your speed and flexibility. Those new to natural running form, or those transitioning from a shoe with traditional cushioning will benefit from spending adequate time adjusting. This is because your body will need time to lengthen the muscles and tendons on the back of the leg and under the foot.
- Newton recommends first-timers walk in their shoes for several days to become accustomed to the level platform. Walking barefoot on safe and comfortable surfaces can also be helpful. Once ready, begin by introducing short runs of no longer than 15 minutes every other day. Gradually add 10-15 minutes as your feet and leg muscles begin to strengthen. If you experience soreness that persists for more than two days, reduce time in shoes immediately. Rest and ice the area until the soreness subsides, then slowly begin introducing time in shoes again.
- Seamless mesh upper with lightweight synthetic overlays.
- Allover reflective hits.
- Plush tongue and collar.
- Breathable fabric lining.
- Fixed foam insole supplies light underfoot comfort.
- Action/Reaction Technology: Highly responsive, trampoline-like and engaging midsole cushioning.
- Biomechanical Sensor Plate promotes a lighter, more efficient stride.
- Five-lug P.O.P. 2 outsole platform.
- Durable s.h.a.r.c. outsole material in the forefoot.
- Weight: 11 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 11.5, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
This product currently has 2 reviews
Customer Fit Survey:
Customers surveying this product said…
- 100%"Felt a full size smaller than marked"
- 100%"Felt true to width"
- 100%"Moderate arch support"
What our Customers are Saying
Anonymous on August 19, 2016
Ended up returning them. Bought them in the same size as my old Kismet I, and they ended up being way too tight in the front...
Review for Zappos Rewards Points(What's this?)
Jignesh from Denver, Co on September 30, 2016
I CONFIRMED WITH NEWTON FLAGSHIP STORE IN BOULDER, CO THAT THE KISMET II IS RUNNING SMALL BY A FULL TO HALF SIZE!! I have the Kismet I and blindly ordered the same size without reading the previous review. Newton Running here in Boulder, CO confirmed that I should try on locally first if I want to buy online. I love Newton running shoes and my Kismet I. Apart from the initial fit of the Kismet II, I expect the technical aspects of the Kismet II to be consistent. I wanted to post this review before I try on locally to prevent anyone from ordering the same size as their Kismet I and will update my new size based on my 11.5 from the Kismet I to give a frame of reference.