Newton Running Isaac S
- Unleash your natural stride and build efficiency with each step by slipping into the Isaac S.
- Adjusting to Newton running shoes will depend upon several factors including: your current running shoes, your running form, gait efficiency, as well as your speed and flexibility. Those new to natural running form or those transitioning from a shoe with traditional cushioning will benefit from spending adequate time adjusting. Your body will need time to lengthen the muscles and tendons on the back of the leg and under the foot.
- Newton recommends first-timers walk in their shoes for several days to become accustomed to the level platform. Walking barefoot on safe and comfortable surfaces can also be helpful. Once ready, begin by introducing short runs of no longer than 15 minutes every other day. Gradually add 10-15 minutes as your feet and leg muscles begin to strengthen. If soreness persists for more than two days, reduce time in shoes immediately. Rest and ice until soreness subsides, then slowly begin introducing time in shoes again.
- A stability guidance runner designed for everyday training and slow-paced running. It is the most traditional, structured and supportive shoe in the Newton line, and is designed to help runners new to the natural running experience.
- Breathable closed mesh upper.
- Lightweight synthetic overlays.
- Metatarsal stretch panels.
- Fabric lining supplies a soft step-in feel.
- Accommodates most orthotics.
- Second-Generation Action/Reaction Technology: A highly responsive, trampoline-like and engaging midsole cushioning that protects and loses less energy with each step.
- Single-density, high-rebound EVA midsole.
- Mid-foot support chassis provides enhanced stability.
- Heel/ Forefoot Differential: 5mm.
- Beveled heel and toe.
- Met-flex for enhanced forefoot flexibility.
- Durable carbon rubber outsole supplies reliable traction.
- Increased toe spring.
- Pronounced heel rocker.
- Weight: 9 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 7, width B - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
This product currently has 13 reviews
Customer Fit Survey:
Customers surveying this product said…
- 62%"Felt true to size"
- 92%"Felt true to width"
- 54%"Moderate arch support"
What our Customers are Saying
Anonymous from Louisiana on November 23, 2013
I love everything about this shoe. It is comfortable, fits like it was made for me, and fun to wear. I find the support to be phenomenal, though I'm not a runner. I ordered an 8.5, which is the size I always wear in athletic shoes. The fit is perfect. As far as color goes, it's more of an electric pink than a true red, but I love these shoes.
Anonymous from Seattle, WA on January 11, 2013
I like the idea of these. I've never been a fast or long distance runner, but I've started getting knee and ankle pain. I am definitely a runner with a heel strike, so I am curious to try these out, and I still am curious to try them. I had to send these back because they are too small. I will try a half size up but wonder if I should get a whole size up. I even used the sizing function on the Newton website in which you type in your current shoe type and size and they tell you what size to get. Not so helpful. Shoe was way too small. My big toe rubbing the end of the shoe. Good thing Zappos returns are so easy!
Marsha G from Mobile, AL on October 30, 2013
I love my Newtons. This is the 3rd pair I've owned and love the fit and the fact that it has cut down on running aches and pains! Love Zappos and the shoes came in 2 days w/free shipping!
Smack26 from new York on September 26, 2013
This sneaker is literally life changing! I suffer from plantar fasciitis and yet I love to run, this sneaker makes it possible. It took almost no time to get used to, and I feel lighter and faster than ever. Love!
Jill D from Sitka, AK on August 17, 2013
These are great shoes. I have bought three pairs and another for my daughter. After years of sore feet I finally have the shoes that make my feet feel good.