Newton Running Fate II
- Find your sole mate in the Newton® Fate II running shoe!
- Predecessor: Fate.
- Support Type: Neutral to underpronation.
- Cushioning: Lightweight, flexible response.
- Surface: Road.
- Differential: 4.5 mm.
- Adjusting to Newton running shoes will depend upon several factors including: your current running shoes, your running form, gait efficiency, as well as your speed and flexibility. Those new to natural running form, or those transitioning from a shoe with traditional cushioning will benefit from spending adequate time adjusting. This is because your body will need time to lengthen the muscles and tendons on the back of the leg and under the foot.
- Newton recommends that first-timers walk in their shoes for several days to become accustomed to the level platform. Walking barefoot on safe and comfortable surfaces can also be helpful. Once ready, begin by introducing short runs of no longer than 15 minutes every other day. Gradually add 10-15 minutes as your feet and leg muscles begin to strengthen. If you experience soreness that persists for more than two days, reduce time in shoes immediately. Rest and ice the area until the soreness subsides, then slowly begin introducing time in shoes again.
- Seamless mesh upper with lightweight synthetic overlays.
- Allover reflective hits.
- Breathable fabric lining.
- Fixed foam insole supplies light underfoot comfort.
- Action/Reaction Technology: A highly responsive, trampoline-like and engaging midsole cushioning.
- Biomechanical Sensor Plate promotes a lighter, more efficient stride.
- Five-lug P.O.P. 2 outsole platform.
- Durable s.h.a.r.c. outsole material in the forefoot.
- Weight: 15 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 11.5, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
This product currently has 2 reviews
Customer Fit Survey:
Customers surveying this product said…
- 50%"Felt true to size"
- 100%"Felt true to width"
- 50%"Excellent arch support"
What our Customers are Saying
Review for Zappos Rewards Points(What's this?)
Anonymous from Tennessee on September 26, 2016
Newton shoes are excellent for running and for general gym workouts - especially cross-training. They are very lightweight and comfortable. I actually prefer them over Brooks running shoes because they are so lightweight. I only have one complaint - the colors for men are a little strange. More neutral options would be great. Otherwise, a really great shoe.
Anonymous from Omaha, NE on August 18, 2016
A good shoe and comfortable when running. However, the shoe definitely feels a 1/2 size smaller than what it is labeled as.