Levi's® Mens 559™ Relaxed Straight
- A modern take on the uncompromising Levi's® classic.
- This brand is a member of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition.
- The 559™ cut features an easy fit through the seat and thigh that's relaxed without being too loose.
- Straight cut through the leg for a modern line.
- Sits below the waist with a slightly higher back for improved coverage.
- Classic, five-pocket design.
- Leather brand patch at back waist.
- Signature arcuate stitch at back pockets.
- Belt loop waistband.
- Zip fly and button closure.
- 100% cotton except on noted washes.
- Black: 99% cotton, 1% elastane.
- Cash, Levine, Lookout, Steely Blue: 98% cotton, 2% elastane.
- Shaded Valley: 93% cotton, 6% polyester, 1% elastane.
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry low.
- For those with larger frames, Extended Sizes sizes are also available.
- Waist Measurement: 32 in
- Outseam: 44 in
- Inseam: 34 in
- Front Rise: 10 1⁄8 in
- Back Rise: 15 in
- Leg Opening: 18 in
- Product measurements were taken using size 32, inseam 34. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
This product currently has 336 reviews
What our Customers are Saying
Anonymous from Chicagoland on October 22, 2011
It's hard to find this size retail, so I was thrilled I could get them through Zappos. Unfortunately, the zipper broke the fourth time I wore them (What? Levi's?!) Zappos replaced them on my word--so cool. Levi's wanted me to ship the jeans to them (on my dime) and they would decide if the zipper was defective or not. Seriously? I had to demand a shipping label. Levi's said they'd give me that one time courtesy. So, the right way to do business was framed as a favor to me. I am forever a loyal Zappos customer!
Ryan O from San Jose on June 17, 2012
I don't know what's going on with Levi's. I bought a pair of 559s a couple of years ago, in a similar wash, and they fit and feel great. But now the fit now is completely different. The waist is wider, the legs are longer and slimmer, and even the front two belt loops are closer together (which causes bunching when I wear a belt). I have worn 31x32 559s for years, but now it seems I need a 30.5x31 - which of course does not exist. (And I have not changed size significantly in that time. I certainly haven't gotten skinnier and shorter.) I ordered several pairs of 559s (in June 2012) in different washes, and no two pairs fit the same. Some variation is to be expected with denim, but the differences are dramatic. Some washes feel thin and very soft; others are stiffer and have a more classic feel. The gray wash feels like a pair of skinny jeans; the black has spandex in it. Huh? What is the point of offering jeans in a named style if there is no consistency among them? The only positives I can offer are that the washes are attractive, the skinnier legs are actually kind of cool (they look more modern), and the price is hard to beat.
Captain D on April 19, 2011
These are the best fitting jeans I can find anywhere! I'm 6'6", 240 and the extra room in the thighs is great. These open up just enough at the bottom to fit over sneakers or boots adding to the coolness of these high-quality jeans. At this price I've gotten almost every color and have no complaints.
Andres C on November 27, 2011
I'm a husky guy around 205lbs. 501s and other Levi's don't seem to fit right but these 559s relaxed fit are a perfect fit. They look good and are comfortable to wear!
Anonymous from Swansea, IL on December 15, 2009
I bought these jeans for my husband, in hopes of updating his style a bit. The Indie Blue is perfect and dark enough to be a bit dressy. My husband is 6'4" and around 220 pounds. I must confess he has love handles and a full (for a man) behind. All that to say, skinny jeans are not an option. These look great on him, just enough roominess without looking baggy. The price is fabulous, and in all honesty, these look every bit as good as the O'Neill pair I bought him at the same time. I've already ordered him another pair, and all the faded jeans hanging in the closet are on their way out!