- Birkenstock® Size Chart
- Please be advised that the Birkenstock® Narrow width accommodates both traditional narrow and medium widths.
- Click here for more information about Birkenstock's widths.
- Spring and summer demand a great sandal like the Mayari from Birkenstock®.
- Premium leather or Birko-flor™ upper with adjustable buckle closures to ensure easy on-and-off wear and a secure fit. Birki-flor is made of acrylic and polyamide felt fibers. See drop down color menu for materials.
- Anatomically correct cork footbed, crafted from cork that is 100% renewable and sustainable, encourages foot health.
- The suede lined, contoured footbed will mold to the shape of your foot creating a custom footbed that supports and cradles you each and every step.
- Raised toe bar is designed to encourage the natural gripping motion of your feet, exercising your legs and aiding circulation.
- Neutral heel profile and deep heel cup keeps the natural padding of your foot where it belongs, under the heel, distributing your body weight more evenly.
- Flexible EVA outsole offers lightweight, shock absorbing support with lasting durability.
- Dual layer Jute: top wicks away moisture while the bottom adds strength and makes resoling easy.
- You will enjoy your Birkenstocks for years because they can be repaired, resoled or even completely renewed.
- Heat Warning - Cork footbeds or EVA soles can be damaged by exposure to concentrated heat. Do not leave your footwear in direct sunlight or in closed cars on warm days. If your footwear becomes wet, allow it to air dry slowly, away from direct heat.
- Made in Germany.
- Weight: 6 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 37 (US Women's 6-6.5), width Regular. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
This product currently has 1596 reviews
Customer Fit Survey:
Customers surveying this product said…
- 57%"Felt true to size"
- 70%"Felt true to width"
- 79%"Excellent arch support"
What our Customers are Saying
Emily from San Diego, CA on May 21, 2013
These are my absolute favorite pair of sandals. I wore them almost every day for two months travelling all over Europe! The sole really conforms to the shape of your foot, and they feel very supportive. I love this style, as it's a more feminine take on the original Arizona style. I chose this style over the Gizeh because I didn't like the idea of having the "thong" part of the sandal be made of plastic, and those seem more like flip-flops. The Golden-Brown Birko-Flor color has a pretty golden sheen to the natural brown, but the metallic glittery is not flashy or anything. I got a size 36 Narrow, which is half a size smaller than my regular shoe size (US Women's 6). I also chose the narrow size because the style of Birks are a bit wider and I do have slim feet, though I don't normally buy other shoes in a narrow width. Overall, I highly recommend this great, comfortable sandal for summer that's perfect for walking and travelling!
Anonymous from Charleston, SC on June 16, 2012
These are the best sandals made. I will never wear any other sandal every day. I've worn this style in August in Disney World, St. Augustine, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Las Vegas, and I can walk forever. Every color is attractive. Nothing ever rubs, there is no break in required. I wear a 8.5 to 9 and order a 39. I have a slightly wider forefoot, and like my toes to spread - the regular has plenty of room for this. I can't stand a thong between my 1st and 2nd toe, but with these, you can't even feel it. I hope they never get rid of this style.
Anonymous on September 3, 2013
I wear Birkenstocks for comfort and for the desire to preserve my foot health so that I can continue to wear fashionable heels longer. The oiled leather Mayari is one of my favorite Birkenstocks in terms of comfort. I am use to toe separators, but my MIL, who cannot wear the Gizeh, reports the Mayari to be comfortable as well. Fits true to size. I am on the wide side of size 37B or US 6.5 in French and Italian designer shoes, and I take a 37 regular width in all Birkenstocks that I own including the Mayari, Arizona, Gizeh, Sparta, London and Paris. Re sizing, there is a quarter inch of space in the back and a little more than that in the front. I could have fit into the 36, but I believe that the extra room is consistent with the recommended fit of the shoe. Re width, it's my understanding that if your foot is basically straight up and down, the recommendation is go with narrow. Since my foot fans out, I go with regular and I do have to tighten the straps all the way. For some people, the Mayari may read as more traditionally pretty or feminine because it is strappy. Since the Vogue magazine endorsement of the Gizeh and the Arizona, the Mayari is a perfect start to a Birkenstock wardrobe, if you are hesitant because of the preceded clunkiness. Once you have tried one Birkenstock model, the comfort will have you coming back for more, and the clunky charm of the shoe will grow on you. I am to the point of Birkenstock love where I think even the Arizona actually flatters my foot and makes it look cuter and more petite. My only quibble is I wish Birkenstock made more models available in high arch. I am rating it as having excellent arch support because, relative to other shoes, I am very very happy.
Anonymous on December 6, 2011
This is actually the best Birkenstock product I've owned. I wear it constantly around my house. When I wake up in the morning, if I walk around barefoot I often get a disturbing sort of snapping sensation in the bottom of my arches, but I slip these on and voila, they're gone. Style-wise, they aren't quite as pretty and dainty as I was hoping for. Actually, the dainty strap makes the (kind of ugly) cork more prominent I think, so if you're hoping for a 'dressier' Birk, I don't think this will do it. But still cute enough for a casual outfit. I got the Onyx, and it's a beautiful blue-gray. Not drab and not too shiny (as I feel patent is) either. It's very pretty, but still neutral. Sizing: I wear a 40 in Boston Soft Clog and 39 in the Madrid sandal - this one fits in the 39 as well. Bottom line: Feels like heaven on the feet, even for Birkenstocks. Simply amazing.
Anonymous on October 12, 2011
I love these sandals! I have a narrow foot and arch problems and these are wonderful!