- Birkenstock® Size Chart
- Please be advised that the Birkenstock® Narrow width accommodates both traditional narrow and medium widths.
- Click here for more information about Birkenstock's widths.
- The Euro-styled London offers Birkenstock® comfort in a closed-toe design.
- Premium leather upper or combination wool and leather upper with a matching adjustable strap ensuring the perfect fit.
- Anatomically correct cork footbed, crafted from cork that is 100% renewable and sustainable, encourages foot health.
- The suede lined, contoured footbed will mold to the shape of your foot creating a custom footbed that supports and cradles you each and every step.
- Neutral heel profile and deep heel cup keeps the natural padding of your foot where it belongs, under the heel, distributing your body weight more evenly.
- Flexible EVA outsole offers lightweight, shock absorbing support with lasting durability.
- Dual layer Jute: top wicks away moisture while the bottom adds strength and makes resoling easy.
- You will enjoy your Birkenstocks for years because they can be repaired, resoled or even completely renewed.
- Heat Warning - Cork footbeds or EVA soles can be damaged by exposure to concentrated heat. Do not leave your footwear in direct sunlight or in closed cars on warm days. If your footwear becomes wet, allow it to air dry slowly, away from direct heat.
- Made in Germany.
- Weight: 10 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 38 (US Men's 5-5.5, US Women's 7-7.5), width Regular. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
This product currently has 298 reviews
Customer Fit Survey:
Customers surveying this product said…
- 47%"Felt a half size larger than marked"
- 82%"Felt true to width"
- 86%"Excellent arch support"
What our Customers are Saying
Carmen F from Okemos, mi on July 23, 2011
I own about eight pairs of Birkenstocks and I bought these because I wanted a pair with a closed back for clinic. I love them. I have tried a lot of comfort shoes and my favorites are Birks, Keens, and Earth shoes. The usual excellent arch support and wide toe box. The only thing would be that the back rubbed a little for the first two days, so just make sure you have longer socks, and the whole shoe was a bit loose after a couple of days, like it had stretched out. I normally wear a 39 regular for open toed Birks or 40 narrow for closed toed, and these were a 40 regular because I was unsure about the tightness at the back.
Sarah K from Lincoln, NE on December 23, 2011
I love my Birkenstock clogs, but I wanted a winter shoe -- and London fits the bill. I bought the solid leather version and it's a very nice, warm brown color that is looking even nicer with wear. I don't know about the sizes listed: I wear 9s in most shoes, measured at a Birkenstock store as a 38, and bought a 39 (it was close, but looser felt better to me). I wear these all day at my job in a school library, and they (and I) still feel fantastic by the end of the day! I find that their somewhat plain looks go very well with either casual or slightly dressy clothes, and I even wear them with skirts. Great shoe!
Anonymous on October 14, 2011
Probably the most comfortable shoe you will ever purchase. Not the most fashionable, but if you are like me in need of a good, supportive shoe then these are the ones. You won't regret it. Plus, Birkenstocks are notorious for lasting a really long time. I'm sold!
James B from Arlington, VA on January 18, 2011
First, Zappos is the best shopping internet site with unsurpassed service and guarantee. With free shipping, I received my shoes in 2 days. I have worn Birkenstock sandals for years because of comfort and durability. Now, I am wearing the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I highly recommend the London Birkenstock. I need to wear a 10 Narrow London shoe and I must wear thick walking socks because the narrow is a little wide. The thick sock only enhances the comfort of this great shoe. The leather is the best I have ever seen in a shoe and the shoe is completely repairable. Finally, I will remain loyal to Zappos because their service is of the highest level. Thank you Zappos.
Anonymous from South Jersey on September 30, 2010
I wear a woman's 8.5, so I first ordered these in size 39, but they were just way too floppy. I returned them for a size 38, and they fit perfect! I love them! Very comfy, and they look nice, too!