- Birkenstock® Size Chart
- Please be advised that the Birkenstock® Narrow width accommodates both traditional narrow and medium widths.
- Click here for more information about Birkenstock's widths.
- Take your comfort to the next level with the incredibly cozy and cute Iona from Birkenstock®!
- Upper made with durable genuine leather with a round toe.
- Mary jane silhouette offers an adjustable hook-and-loop closure at vamp.
- Breathable leather lined interior.
- Raised toe bar is designed to encourage the natural gripping motion of your feet.
- The suede lined, contoured footbed will mold to the shape of your foot creating a custom footbed that supports and cradles you each and every step.
- Neutral heel profile and deep heel cup keeps the natural padding of your foot where it belongs, under the heel, distributing your body weight more evenly.
- Synthetic outsole with added traction.
- Heel Height: 1 in
- Weight: 10 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 39 (US Women's 8-8.5), width Narrow. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
This product currently has 20 reviews
Customer Fit Survey:
Customers surveying this product said…
- 35%"Felt true to size"
- 60%"Felt true to width"
- 60%"Moderate arch support"
What our Customers are Saying
Terry from Rochester, MN on June 11, 2015
Size up if you are in between sizes. I wear a 41 (10-10.5) in Birkenstock sandals, but with these I had to exchange for a 42 (11-11.5). I normally wear a size 10.5 in other shoes unless they are narrow then I get an 11 when wides in 10.5 are not available. The 41's seemed slightly narrower than their sandals so if you have a wider foot, might feel more comfortable with bigger size. I also own a pair of the Birkenstock Paris Soft Footbed and wear the 41 (10-10.5) in those as well. The Iona's are narrower than the Paris as well. I think the Iona's are cute. I also like the adjustable strap across the top of the foot. The insert seems to be different than the sandals and Paris I own. Specifically the arch area is different and there does not seem to be as much arch support, but maybe they will mold more once I wear them daily. I just got them today so really only tried on quick and made a few passes through house. I have a very difficult time finding shoes as I have Plantar Fasciitis and arthritis in the joint of my big toe on my right foot. I have to be careful with Mary Jane type shoes so the part of the shoe that goes over the toes doesn't rub or irritate my arthritis. I hope after wear that more often they don't become a problem for my arthritis. They didn't seem to bother me the 5 minutes I had them on.
Leslee from Washington state on February 18, 2016
Major cute factor! I got so many compliments on these shoes. My mistake, however, was that I ordered it in a UK size 36, which is the size I wear in Birkenstock sandals. I should have ordered this in my usual UK size 37. I will most likely order them again in size 37 because I like them that much. I am also a huge Naot fan so I replaced the Birkenstock footbed (it is removable) and put in my favorite Naot footbed. While this shoe is not as comfortable as a Birkenstock sandal, it's a start that I hope Birkenstock will continue to work with. I just have to reemphasize just how cute they are on. I wore mine all last summer with leggings, crop pants, jeans, and even a few times bare legged with a short skirt.
Delayn W from Kansas on January 22, 2016
Oh how I wanted this shoe to work! I have watched and waited and finally after reading reviews I ordered my normal size and one size bigger. BOTH were just too narrow overall and too shallow on my larger foot. This shoes does not have the typical Birkenstock support. For this kind of price it has to be perfect so sadly I returned them.
Anonymous on July 24, 2015
These shoes were adorable! I wish they could have worked for me. If you're a Birkenstock sandal wearer, you'll find that these shoes have less support and run a little smaller than their sandals. Perhaps ordering a wider or larger size could work for some. I already wear a Regular, so there was no wider option available. Bummer. If you're someone who finds too much arch support or too deep of a heel cup in a standard Birkenstock, this may be your shoe!
Review for Zappos Rewards Points(What's this?)
Barbara J from FL on January 30, 2017
I like the shoe, but it is 2 sizes too small.