Birkenstock Gizeh Soft Footbed
- Birkenstock® Size Chart
- Please be advised that the Birkenstock® Narrow width accommodates both traditional narrow and medium widths.
- Click here for more information about Birkenstock's widths.
- Make summertime fun and festivals fashionable affairs with the Gizeh!
- Metallic leather uppers.
- Soft toe post with an adjustable buckle at instep.
- Suede-lined, anatomically correct cork footbed molds to your foot, creating a custom footbed.
- Raised toe bar encourages the natural gripping motion of your feet.
- The soft footbed features a foam layer inserted between the cork layer and suede liner of the original Birkenstock footbed. Microscopic air bubbles cushion your feet while providing moderate arch support.
- Neutral heel profile and deep heel cup, keeps the natural padding of your foot under the heel, distributing your body weight more evenly.
- Dual layer jute wicks moisture while the bottom adds strength and makes resoling easy.
- Lightweight EVA outsole helps absorb shock.
- Made in Germany.
- Weight: 7 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 38 (US Women's 7-7.5), width Regular. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
This product currently has 10 reviews
Customer Fit Survey:
Customers surveying this product said…
- 90%"Felt true to size"
- 60%"Felt true to width"
- 90%"Excellent arch support"
What our Customers are Saying
Jocelyn from VA on March 5, 2017
I've been a Birk wearer for years, and have owned many styles. I was looking for a more feminine sandal to wear this summer that was neutral colored, so when I saw this I had to get it! The metallic copper color is not tacky at all...looks like a soft muted rose gold when on. Great neutral, goes with everything. I ordered it in a 37 regular. I'm exactly between a 37 and 38 in Birks, have tried both over the years, and the size I buy ultimately depends on the Birk style (38 in clogs, 37 in sandals). I have measured my foot on their foot scale and I'm a 245. So my toes and heels pretty much hit end to end in a 37, but I don't step over at all or spill out. In a 38 sandal I have more room but my feet don't hit the definition of the insole quite right...a bit TOO long (but in clogs, soft insole, they are perfect for some reason). I tend to have narrow-ish feet, and can wear narrows in Birks as well - yet I also have some regulars that feel great...so again, wasn't sure how these would fit since they only came in regular when I purchased them. The regular in these are a tad narrower than the regular ones I have in another style...which is interesting. But they aren't quite as narrow as the narrow ones I own. So if you have average feet they should fit...but if you need wide shoes they may feel a little snug! As with any Birks, they require a break in period before they feel like a dream. I'll admit, when I first tried these they were SO tight in the toe post area (it felt short in height, like the post top and leather was digging into the top of my toes) that I thought about sending them back. But the length and the width felt perfect, and I knew with the stiff leather they would need more time to soften up. I've had them about two weeks now and while they still feel tight in the toe area, it's getting better with each wear. I've got two other pairs of gizeh sandals (different material) and they don't hurt my toes, so I know these will eventually get there...just thick, stiff leather on these! I've also become a convert to the soft footbed. I have both the soft and the original in my closet already, but I find that I can wear the soft footbed all day and not feel any fatigue. I do eventually feel foot fatigue in the regular if worn all day. I'll warn you that at first the definition of the insoles (in the soft) doesn't feel as pronounced...so you may feel the arch support and all isn't as good. But that is due to the layer of latex foam that's in there...kind of masks the original cork footbed underneath a bit! Once you wear them for a bit they will mold to your feet just like the regular footbed does, and then you'll feel the definition of the insole better. AND you'll have a bit of cushion for your step where you need it. Sorry for the long review, but if you're like me and struggle with sizing (length and width), hopefully this can help. :)
Momof4redhead from Ohio on March 28, 2017
I was really unsure and kept hesitating about the white bottom of this Birkenstock, but it looks so cute on! I am a total convert to the soft footbed - I took my usual 40 in size.
Amy from Arizona on March 25, 2017
These are by far my favorite out of all 6 pairs of my Birks. I have trouble with my feet and they get super sore when I walk too much. These Birks help so much! Plus I get so many compliments on how cute they are! I'll probably order the black ones next.
Traci M from Shelby, NC on March 24, 2017
As always, Birkenstock comes through as expected...great design, updated look, perfect comfort. The foot bed feels narrow and not so clunky which suits my somewhat narrow size 9.5 foot. I am looking forward to wearing this with shorts, jeans, cute dresses. The shiny silver is a great addition to my shoe collection.
Anonymous from Pennsylvania on March 24, 2017
Very attractive copper color.