Birkenstock Gizeh Birko-Flor™
- Birkenstock® Size Chart
- Please be advised that the Birkenstock® Narrow width accommodates both traditional narrow and medium widths.
- Click here for more information about Birkenstock's widths.
- The Birkenstock® Gizeh is perfect for warm days and evenings.
- Easy care Birko-Flor™ upper in a classic thong silhouette with an adjustable buckle for the perfect fit.
- Upper is made of acrylic and polyamide felt fibers with a leather-like texture on top and a soft fabric underneath against the skin.
- Anatomically correct cork footbed, crafted from cork that is 100% renewable and sustainable, encourages foot health.
- The suede lined, contoured footbed will mold to the shape of your foot creating a custom footbed that supports and cradles you each and every step.
- Raised toe bar is designed to encourage the natural gripping motion of your feet, exercising your legs and aiding circulation.
- Neutral heel profile and deep heel cup keeps the natural padding of your foot where it belongs, under the heel, distributing your body weight more evenly.
- Flexible EVA outsole offers lightweight, shock absorbing support with lasting durability.
- Dual layer Jute: top wicks away moisture while the bottom adds strength and makes resoling easy.
- You will enjoy your Birkenstocks for years because they can be repaired, resoled or even completely renewed.
- Heat Warning - Cork footbeds or EVA soles can be damaged by exposure to concentrated heat. Do not leave your footwear in direct sunlight or in closed cars on warm days. If your footwear becomes wet, allow it to air dry slowly, away from direct heat.
- Made in Germany.
- Weight: 7 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 40 (US Women's 9-9.5), width Regular. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
This product currently has 1854 reviews
Customer Fit Survey:
Customers surveying this product said…
- 77%"Felt true to size"
- 92%"Felt true to width"
- 83%"Excellent arch support"
What our Customers are Saying
Kendra R from Indiana on May 22, 2012
These shoes are by far the best sandals you can get for your feet! I have worn Birkenstocks since high school, so 15 years now, and I worked for a Birkenstock store for a year. Often, customers would come in requesting that I fit them in their first pair of Birkenstocks, at the order of their podiatrist. These are orthopedic so they support your feet in the proper way and these are the shoes that most every podiatrist agrees people should wear. For those of you getting a pair of Birkenstocks for the first time, there are a few things to be aware of. Sizing is little different since you are in a European size. I am a solid 8 in US sizing, but when I wear the Arizona style Birkenstock I have to get a size 38 (European 7) and when wearing the Gizeh with the toe piece I size up one size in order for it to fit properly, so I wear a 39 in the Gizeh. Also, it does take time to adjust to the toe piece but it should not be painful as some reviews have mentioned. If you are in the correct size, this should not bother you that much, especially if you are used to flip-flops. Another thing to note is that there are three different footbeds to choose from. Papillio Sandals have the smallest amount of arch support, Birkenstocks have medium arch support and Tatamis have the highest arch support, so one footbed might work better for you than another. I can wear the Papillio and the Birkenstock, where as Tatami is slightly too high for me, but people with an extremely high arch love Tatamis. After some time the footbed actually forms and molds to your foot. This is a very cool process because it goes from a completely flat shoe that anyone can wear to one that over time only you can wear because it takes on the shape of your individual foot and another person would not be comfortable in it. And lastly, in order to keep the cork shiny, looking new and protected, you can get cork life from the Birkenstock website. You would use this every few months depending on how often you wear your sandals. Just as any Birkenstocks last forever! But, if you ever need your sandals repaired, a Birkenstock store in your area may have trained staff who can replace any part of the sandal, including the footbed, toepiece, sole, and leather lining. So I do hope this helps any of you new to Birkenstock on sizing and keeping your Birkenstocks nice and new looking for years to come! The one and only complaint I have for the Gizeh is that I wish it could be worn in winter, but unfortunately, in Indiana that just is not possible!
Anonymous on April 20, 2005
Why the plastic thong? I like the birkenstock footbed, but found the hard plastic "thong" uncomfortable. Mephisto uses leather, not hard plastic, I can't understand why the birks folks don't do the same.
Amy H from Austin, TX on April 16, 2012
My sister has these shoes, and when I visited her I borrowed them. I liked them so much that I went and bought a pair for myself when I got home. One word of caution: the shoes were uncomfortable at first, probably because when I wore my sisters, she had broken them in. These shoes hurt my arches for at least the first 4-5 times I wore them. However, that's gone away. So don't be scared away if they hurt at first. They will get comfy. I also like that they look so much nicer than flip-flops (in my opinion anyway). I feel like I can wear these to work with some casual pants and still look put together.
Anonymous on March 14, 2012
Zappos, why are you so stinkin' awesome?! Love next day shipping. These are just as supportive and comfortable as you would expect, and more stylish than most Birks.
Anonymous from EP TX on March 18, 2012
Best sandals ever! Comfortable for all day walking. The titanium has a a little hint of green color. I was surprised since I was looking for something neutral.