Birkenstock Gizeh Birkibuc™
- Birkenstock® Size Chart
- Please be advised that the Birkenstock® Narrow width accommodates both traditional narrow and medium widths.
- Click here for more information about Birkenstock's widths.
- The Gizeh (Birkbuc™) is a fashionable thong with an adjustable strap for that perfect fit.
- Birkbuc™ upper is made from acrylic and polyamide felt fibers. This material offers a textured finish that looks and feels like velvety nubuck.
- Anatomically correct cork footbed, crafted from cork that is 100% renewable and sustainable, encourages foot health.
- The suede lined, contoured footbed will mold to the shape of your foot creating a custom footbed that supports and cradles you each and every step.
- Raised toe bar is designed to encourage the natural gripping motion of your feet, exercising your legs and aiding circulation.
- Neutral heel profile and deep heel cup keeps the natural padding of your foot where it belongs, under the heel, distributing your body weight more evenly.
- Flexible EVA outsole offers lightweight, shock absorbing support with lasting durability.
- Dual layer Jute: top wicks away moisture while the bottom adds strength and makes resoling easy.
- You will enjoy your Birkenstocks for years because they can be repaired, resoled or even completely renewed.
- Heat Warning - Cork footbeds or EVA soles can be damaged by exposure to concentrated heat. Do not leave your footwear in direct sunlight or in closed cars on warm days. If your footwear becomes wet, allow it to air dry slowly, away from direct heat.
- Made in Germany.
- Weight: 6 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 37 (US Women's 6-6.5), width Regular. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
This product currently has 208 reviews
Customer Fit Survey:
Customers surveying this product said…
- 78%"Felt true to size"
- 89%"Felt true to width"
- 86%"Excellent arch support"
What our Customers are Saying
Katie N from Utica, NY on May 19, 2010
Love these Birks! I usually wear an 8, so I ordered the size 39s. These were too big, so I exchanged them for a pair of 38s, which fit perfectly. I've worn thong sandals my whole life, so I haven't had any issues with the toe divider. For those new to Birkenstocks, it's worth noting that these shoes will feel great at first, followed by a period of adjustment (the footbed takes the shape of your foot) that might leave you with sore arches for a day or two. After this, you'll be in footwear heaven! I think these look a whole lot more fashionable and feminine than the ubiquitous Arizona (two large strap) style Birks. A caution: you WILL get stinky Birk feet after a few weeks. I stick my sandals in the freezer overnight to kill any stinky germs and dust with cornstarch or baking soda. I've heard kitty litter works well, too.
Anonymous from NYC on March 3, 2011
Ok, well, don't believe it when they tell you the Birkibuc looks just like suede. Or feel like it for that matter. Other than that these are the same old comfortable, long-lasting Birks you know and love.
Amanda D from Gold Country, CA on June 23, 2011
I love these sandals. The Mocha is a wonderful neutral, and the Birkibuc upper is flexible and very soft on the foot. This was my first pair of Birkenstocks. I now have 3 more on the way. I have extremely flat feet and suffer from heel, ankle, hip, and lower back pain. These sandals were instant relief almost as soon as I put them on. I never bought the original Arizona style as I thought they were a little frumpy looking for someone under 30 like me, but these are way cute. They look much better on the foot than in the pictures. Also, a good rule of thumb is to take your American Women's size and add 30 to determine your Euro Women's size. I am a size 6 and ordered the size 36; they are a perfect fit. If you are new to Birkenstock like me, give these a shot, you will love them!
Anonymous on August 27, 2010
These are wonderful versatile sandals. They are solid and supportive and don't flop around. They hug my foot perfectly. I think they are stylish, too! (They do seem to run a size larger - so I had to order down one size.)
Judy from Oak Park, IL on July 15, 2010
Zappos rocks! My entire family has ordered from Zappos, and are continually amazed at the upbeat attitude, great service and prompt delivery -- all of which are extremely tough to find these days! We are loyal fans of Zappos and commend them on their strong commitment to customers.