Birkenstock Arizona - Oiled Leather (Unisex)
- Birkenstock® Size Chart
- Please be advised that the Birkenstock® Narrow width accommodates both traditional narrow and medium widths.
- Click here for more information about Birkenstock's widths.
- Understanding Widths: The Regular icon (outlined foot) accommodates Regular to Wide. The Narrow icon (filled in foot) accommodates Narrow to Regular widths.
- The on-trend Arizona has style and all of the comfort features you expect from Birkenstock®.
- Oiled leather upper with adjustable straps for a durable exterior and custom fit. Birkenstock uses the term Waxy leather and Oiled leather interchangeably and may arrive marked as either.
- The leather-lined, contoured footbed will mold to the shape of your foot creating a custom footbed that supports and cradles your each and every step.
- Raised toe bar is designed to encourage the natural gripping motion of your feet, exercising your legs and aiding circulation.
- Neutral heel profile and deep heel cup keeps the natural padding of your foot where it belongs, distributing your body weight more evenly.
- Flexible EVA outsole offers lightweight, shock absorbing support with lasting durability.
- Dual layer Jute: top wicks away moisture while the bottom adds strength and makes resoling easy.
- Heat Warning - Cork footbeds or EVA soles can be damaged by exposure to concentrated heat. Do not leave your footwear in direct sunlight or in closed cars on warm days. If your footwear becomes wet, allow it to air dry slowly, away from direct heat.
- Made in Germany.
- Weight: 9 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 40 (US Men's 7-7.5, US Women's 9-9.5), width Regular. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
This product currently has 281 reviews
Customer Fit Survey:
Customers surveying this product said…
- 37%"Felt true to size"
- 51%"Felt true to width"
- 55%"Excellent arch support"
What our Customers are Saying
Vaughn B from United States on July 30, 2012
Birkenstock sandals come in 3 versions. The version here is from the original design with a cork footbed (no memory foam). It's best to break in your new sandals in the Summer when temperatures are warmer...the foot bed forms to your foot perfectly over time. I've read the reviews and sizing seems to be a concern in some of the comments. Having owned several pairs over the last 20 years I recently discovered that I've been getting the wrong size. The size chart is accurate; however, out of the box they may feel slightly big. You need to have an 1/2" behind your heel (thumb width) and 1/4" in the front. This is a family owned company has been producing sandals over 235 years...you'd think they've figured out a thing or two over that time frame.
Janet K from Dallas Tx on December 26, 2009
I ordered some sandals from an online shoe source not believing that they could be shipped to me in less than 10 days. To my great surprise they were delivered to me the very next day! I love Zappos.com and recommend them to anybody out there who's reading this. I had to look up and see if they were located across town because my shipment got here so fast. I found out that they were in Kentucky and those guys must have stayed up all night to get my shipment out that fast. I'm an ex-mail carrier so I know how long it takes to get a package through the mail, too.
Greg H from Johnson City, Tennessee on May 24, 2010
I have tried several pairs of Birkenstock shoes, but I've came to the realization that these are absolutely not for flat feet. If you have flat feet, I would highly recommend trying something else. The very pronounced Arch makes this sandal extremely uncomfortable for those with flat feet.In addition to this, my toes tilt inward a little bit, which causes my toes to land on the ridge which would normally go between your big toe and the rest of your toes. So, in short, unless you have very average and completely normal feet, Birkenstocks may not be for you. Other than that, the sandals are very well made and I enjoy the styling.
Sandy J from Rapid River, Mi. on July 4, 2009
I love my Birkenstocks! I have bunions so I need that wide toe box. Birkenstocks work great for me. I have tried other brands of shoes but go back to my Birkenstocks every time. I couldn't count all the pairs. Zappos has great service. So quick and easy. No problems with returns. I have never had any problem getting my size or my style. Wonderful service! Thanks.
Kim from CT on July 4, 2014
If you are a woman with medium width feet; consider buying narrow width unisex Arizonas. I have extremely average size 8½ feet. I have never bought narrow width shoes in my entire life. That being said; I basically wasted this money on my first pair of Arizonas. I think the unisex Birks might be wider than the Birk sandals designed strictly for women. I took a size 39 M in the Mayari sandal and they fit perfectly. In the Arizona, the 39 M unisex ended up fitting like snow shoes. By the end of the weekend my feet hurt from gripping the soles with my toes - and that was with the straps on the smallest hole. Last week I bought the Arizona 39 N and it has been smooth sailing ever since. The M (regular) width Arizona unisex were just way too wide. Now that I have the right width, they are my favorite sandals ever.