ASICS Gel-Cumulus® 18
- Celebrate 18 years of dynamic, cushioned comfort by taking a ride in the ASICS® Gel-Cumulus® 18 running shoe!
- This brand is a member of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition.
- Successor to the Gel-Cumulus 17.
- Support Type: Neutral.
- Cushioning: High energizing cushioning.
- Surface: Road.
- Differential: 10 mm.
- Fit Tip: Per the brand, we recommend ordering a half size larger than your usual size.
- Breathable mesh and synthetic upper materials.
- Seamless upper construction reduces the likelihood of friction-related irritation.
- Lace-up closure.
- Discrete eyelets disburse lace tension for optimal comfort.
- Padded tongue and collar.
- Soft textile lining.
- Removable ComforDry™ sockliner features anti-odor properties for a cooler, drier in-shoe feel.
- FluidRide™ midsole provides just the right balance of bounce back, cushioning, and lasting wear in a lightweight package.
- I.G.S® (Impact Guidance System) employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike through toe-off.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot Gel® systems work together to reduce impacting shock and allow movement in multiple planes from heel strike through toe-off.
- Heel/Toe: 23 mm/13 mm.
- DURASPONGE® rubber outsole for greater cushioning and durability in the forefoot.
- Guidance Trusstic System® integrates Guidance Line® for heightened stride efficiency that doesn't interfere with mid-foot structural integrity.
- Guidance Line vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for a smoother ride.
- Weight: 14 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 9, width 2A - Narrow. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
This product currently has 55 reviews
Customer Fit Survey:
Customers surveying this product said…
- 42%"Felt true to size"
- 60%"Felt true to width"
- 62%"Moderate arch support"
What our Customers are Saying
Susan S from Grapeview, WA on September 21, 2016
This is my first pair of ASICS and I love them! I followed the advice given in other reviews and ordered 1/2 size up. I have a narrow foot with a high arch. These shoes are a perfect fit. I wear them for walking with interval jogging.
Julie B from Marquette, Michigan on August 22, 2016
I'm a runner and have completed several half marathons and marathons. I've been a faithful Asics user for years, and was extremely disappointed in these. Despite ordering wides, the toe-box is extremely narrow and caused blistering. Order up a full size.
Jan from Oregon on March 13, 2017
Really enjoyed a pair of Asics I had in the past. Frugal person that I am figured that adding an over-the-counter pair of arch supports would prolong their life. They did. But I lost sight of the benefits of a fresh pair of Asics until I finally broke down and invested in a new pair. Oh my, there's a bounce in my step again...first time in years. There's really no substitute. Don't spend money on arch supports when your shoes get old. Just get a new pair of Asics!
Janet H from Plainview, Mn on July 19, 2016
I saw the other reviews about this version being narrow so I ordered a wide in my normal size. It was too short and too narrow. I need to find a different Asics model to try. I have been wearing Cumulus for 4 years. I still love this shoe. I will have to wait for the next version and hope it gets better.
Anonymous from Polk City, Iowa on January 17, 2017
I have purchased the Gel-Cumulus shoes for years in the same size and was always pleased with their performance/fit. With this version though I found that the toe box was more narrow, and about 2 miles into my run my pinkie toe was being pushed under my other toes. I ordered the shoe again in a half size up and would suggest others adjust their order the same for this shoe if they want to try it.